Back Pain Treatment | Chiropractic Care in San Mateo, CA
Living with back pain can be incredibly difficult. Both upper and lower back pain make it difficult to even walk, much less run, exercise, or complete other daily activities. If your back pain is now causing severe symptoms and negatively impacting your life, we recommend getting help from a chiropractor to alleviate your symptoms.
At Crystal Springs Chiropractic, our chiropractors are trained in helping clients in San Mateo, CA, get the best chiropractic care and back pain treatment. We will determine the root cause of your back pain in order to provide the best effective treatment and prevent symptoms from returning.
Why Is It Important to Find the Underlying Cause of Back Pain?
Whether you're suffering from lower or upper back pain, it's important to find the root cause of your pain so your symptoms do not return and you tackle your ailment head-on. However, there are many causes of back pain that can make it difficult to determine the best back pain treatment.
What Are Some Common Causes of Back Pain?
Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Herniated discs, which cause disc fluid to seep out and irritate surrounding nerves, causing pain.
- Spinal stenosis, a condition where the spinal column becomes narrow and compresses nerves in the spine.
- Sciatica, a pinched sciatic nerve that can cause sharp pain and occurs suddenly.
- Muscle strains and sprains from working physical labor or from exercise.
- Poor posture, which can be caused by a misaligned spine or scoliosis.
- Muscle tension caused by stress or lack of exercise.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Your chiropractor will determine the cause of your back pain by conducting a full physical exam as well as imaging tests. These imaging tests can include X-rays. They will also ask you about the nature of your pain to get a better understanding of your symptoms. Your chiropractor will then provide the best back pain treatment, including:
- Muscle massages to soothe tense and sore muscles.
- Spinal decompression to alleviate pinched nerves from herniated discs or sciatica.
- Manual adjustments to realign the spine, improve balance and posture, and help improve your overall health.
- Trigger point or soundwave therapy to target specific injured tissues in the back.
Get the Help You Need for Back Pain Today at Crystal Springs Chiropractic
At Crystal Springs Chiropractic in San Mateo, CA, we'll help you find relief in as little as a few weeks from back pain. Call us today at 650-574-1456 to schedule an appointment and live your best life again.