Frequently Asked Questions About Neck Pain
Chronic pain is quite common, and unfortunately, many people do not realize how helpful a chiropractor can be in treating neck pain. If you are experiencing neck pain, there are several options available to help you reduce or eliminate your symptoms. Our team at Crystal Springs Chiropractic in San Mateo provides quality chiropractic care to help you find the neck pain relief that you need. Let’s take a look at some of the questions that we run into regarding neck pain.
What Are the Symptoms of Neck Pain?
A variety of symptoms are associated with neck pain beyond the obvious. People with neck pain often experience headaches, numbness, and stiff shoulders. Additional symptoms include a loss of flexibility, back pain, and weak extremities. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call our chiropractors.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain is often caused by chronic health conditions. Some of the common causes of chronic neck pain include:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
Acute injuries can also lead to neck pain. Car accidents and sports injuries are common causes of pain, as is overuse of the neck muscles. A weak core, which often results in poor posture, can also cause neck pain.
How Do Chiropractors Treat Neck Pain?
Chiropractors use many techniques to treat neck pain. Chiropractic techniques are natural and non-invasive. You do not have to go through a long recovery period away from work or deal with complications from pain medication. Other treatment modalities include:
- Spinal decompression therapy and spinal adjustments are popular treatment options. A chiropractor may pair these methods with massage therapy. These methods are used for adjusting the muscles and bones for improved comfort.
- Exercise can also relieve neck pain while strengthening the muscles. When you strengthen the muscles, you prevent some areas of your body from being forced to compensate for others.
- Stretching improves your range of motion. Daily stretches that target your neck can help elongate the muscles and improve your flexibility. You will also feel more mobile and less at risk for injuries.
- Our chiropractors may also recommend lifestyle counseling, which includes stress management and ergonomic solutions. Diet changes can also be beneficial if you have a chronic condition that leads to serious flare-ups.
Get Quality Treatment for Neck Pain in San Mateo, CA
Crystal Springs Chiropractic in San Mateo offers solutions for acute and chronic neck pain. If you are suffering from neck pain and would like to know more about our services, call our team today at (650) 574-1456 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.