Back pain is one of the most common health complaints we hear at Crystal Springs Chiropractic. Most people experience back pain at some point in their lives. In some cases, back pain does not indicate anything serious and disappears after a while. However, back pain can indicate serious underlying medical concerns. If you are suffering from back pain in San Mateo, CA, our chiropractor is ready to assist you.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Causes of back pain include:
- Ligament sprains and muscle strains: Sprains and strains can occur due to improper lifting techniques when lifting a heavy object. Traumatic injuries, including those sustained when playing sports or during an auto accident, can also strain ligaments and muscles. Poor posture can also contribute to strained muscles and ligaments over time.
- Pulled muscle or tendon: You can pull your muscle while working out, lifting a heavy object, or sleeping in an awkward position.
- Inflammation: Inflammation is a natural immune response. If excessive inflammation is left unaddressed, it can cause back pain, tightness, and spasms.
- Arthritis: Approximately 52 million Americans suffer from back pain caused by arthritis. Arthritis is a chronic disorder affecting all joints in the body including the back.
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is a disease that causes bone mass to decrease. When the bone mass becomes low, it can cause painful fractures.
- Fibromyalgia: This health condition is characterized by abnormalities in the nervous system that causes pain throughout the body, including your back.
Even though many diseases and disorders are causing back pain, natural and effective back pain treatment is available at Crystal Springs Chiropractic. When you first visit our office, our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system to determine what is causing your back pain before creating a chiropractic care plan tailored to your needs.
Back Pain Treatment Options
Aside from chiropractic adjustments, there are several other back pain treatment methods our chiropractor will consider, including:
- Massage therapy: This type of treatment is used to reduce muscle stiffness, tightness, and inflammation. It is considered one of the most natural and effective chiropractic treatments.
- Corrective exercises: Corrective exercises will reinforce the benefits of chiropractic care by strengthening your body, improving your circulation, and restoring your range of motion. These exercises will also help prevent back pain from returning in the future.
- Injections: In some cases, injections of steroids and numbing medicaments may help fight back pain.
Back Pain Treatment in San Mateo, CA
At Crystal Springs Chiropractic, we have years of experience providing residents of San Mateo, CA, and the surrounding areas with natural and non-invasive back pain treatment. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at (650) 574-1456.