Relief From Neck Pain With Our San Mateo Chiropractor Team
Acute or chronic neck pain can disrupt sleep, distract you at work, and make it difficult to perform even basic daily tasks like getting dressed, driving, and reading. At Crystal Springs Chiropractic, our San Mateo chiropractor team, Dr. Jordan Savara and Dr. Robinson Le use evidence-based techniques to help patients feel and function better by optimizing the healing power of their own bodies.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain can affect people of all ages and can occur due to factors such as:
- Underlying chronic health conditions including degenerative disc disease, lumbar spinal stenosis, and osteoarthritis, which tend to be more common with advancing age
- Accidents, like falls or car crashes, can cause neck pain due to whiplash, muscle strains, nerve impingement, disc herniation, and other types of tissue damage in the cervical spine (neck area)
- Poor posture, which can increase forces on the neck, weaken core muscles, and lead to impaired spinal alignment
- Occupation, especially if it involves repetitive or overhead movements, heavy lifting, frequent bending, and vibration
Even other factors like stress, obesity, and smoking have been correlated with neck pain and stiffness. Understandably, neck pain is one of the most frequent causes of disability.
It's not always just the neck, either. Depending on the nature of a neck pain condition, symptoms like headaches, jaw pain, and numbness, pain, and weakness in the shoulders, upper back, and arms may develop, too.
How Chiropractic Care Helps With Neck Pain
Chiropractic care is proven to help people find relief from neck pain, whether acute or chronic. First, one of our San Mateo chiropractors will perform a range of physical tests to pinpoint the diagnosis and contributing factors. In some cases, we might use X-rays to help us visualize important spinal structures.
Since figuring out your underlying factors is crucial for helping you avoid recurring problems, we may ask you about lifestyle habits, family history, and other details. This helps us understand why your neck pain is happening.
Based on examination results and symptoms, our chiropractor team can get to work developing a personalized plan of care for neck pain relief. Neck pain treatment often includes:
- Chiropractic care, including non-surgical decompression and spinal adjustments
- Exercises for pain relief, tissue healing, core strengthening, and improved range of motion
- Lifestyle counseling, where we can address everything from posture and sleeping position to nutrition and stress management
- Massage therapy
You might notice that all these techniques are non-invasive, drug-free, and support your body's innate healing ability. Holistic care at its finest!
Call Crystal Springs Chiropractic Today!
Contact Crystal Springs Chiropractic at 650-574-1456 to schedule an initial consultation in San Mateo, CA today.